The Alliance for Heart Failure was established in September 2015. A coalition of charities, patient groups, professional bodies and healthcare companies, its purpose is to raise the profile of heart failure in Government, the NHS and the media and improve outcomes for people with heart failure.
Members of the Alliance collaborate on overarching policy issues with the aim of securing prioritisation of heart failure and extending access to existing first-class care, treatment and services from the NHS to make it available to everyone with heart failure.
Objectives for 2021
The Alliance is focusing on three core strategic objectives in 2021:
- A national programme: continuing to build on positive engagement with national stakeholders in order to support joint initiatives and influence regional NHS plans
- A regional programme: to ensure that heart failure is not overlooked in regional NHS plans
- The heart failure community: continuing to raise awareness among heart failure professionals to build on grassroots support
The Alliance for Heart Failure will also be launching its new report, Heart Failure: A Call to Action within the first quarter of 2021. This will weave into all three core objectives for the year, with a focus on communicating the recommendations of the new report to drive awareness and change.
Membership of the Alliance for Heart Failure is open to charities, patient groups, professional bodies, public sector organisations and corporate members across the UK with an interest in heart failure.
Individual members remain independent, but the shared mission to deliver timely diagnosis and improve access to the right care and support is strengthened by joining forces and through collaboration.
Current Alliance for Heart Failure member organisations are:
The Alliance is a coalition of member organisations, and the Steering Group comprises individuals from these member organisations.
There are two Co-chairs to the Steering Group, appointed on a 12 month rolling tenure. Current Co-chairs are:
- Louise Clayton, Advanced Nurse Practitioner and Deputy Chair of the British Heart Failure Nurses Forum – appointed December 2019
- Richard Corder, Secretary of the Cardiovascular Care Partnership – appointed December 2019
The Alliance is supported and funded by Abbott, AstraZeneca UK, Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Medtronic UK Ltd, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd, and Roche Diagnostics Ltd.