The Alliance for Heart Failure was established in September 2015. A coalition of charities, patient groups, professional bodies and healthcare companies, its purpose is to raise the profile of heart failure in Government, the NHS and the media and improve outcomes for people with heart failure.
Members of the Alliance collaborate on overarching policy issues with the aim of securing prioritisation of heart failure and extending access to existing first-class care, treatment and services from the NHS to make it available to everyone with heart failure.
Objectives for 2023
The Alliance is focusing on three core strategic objectives in 2023:
- A national programme: continuing to build on positive engagement with national stakeholders to call for improvement in heart failure services, and a national NHS awareness campaign
- A regional programme: to support regional cardiac networks in delivering heart failure services through practical support and advice
- The heart failure community: continuing to build grassroots support among heart failure professionals, and build awareness and understanding of the condition among pharmacists
The Alliance for Heart Failure will continue to focus driving change based on the ten recommendations in our Heart Failure: A Call to Action report.
Membership of the Alliance for Heart Failure is open to charities, patient groups, professional bodies, public sector organisations and corporate members across the UK with an interest in heart failure.
Individual members remain independent, but the shared mission to deliver timely diagnosis and improve access to the right care and support is strengthened by joining forces and through collaboration.
Current Alliance for Heart Failure member organisations are:
The Alliance is a coalition of member organisations, and the Steering Group comprises individuals from these member organisations.
There are two Co-chairs to the Steering Group, appointed on a 12 month rolling tenure. Current Co-chairs are:
- Louise Clayton, Advanced Nurse Practitioner – appointed December 2019
- Joel Rose, Chief Executive at Cardiomyopathy UK – appointed December 2021
The Alliance is supported and funded by AstraZeneca UK, Boehringer Ingelheim Limited, Medtronic UK Ltd, Novartis Pharmaceuticals UK Ltd, and Roche Diagnostics Ltd.